It’s election day. The polling stations are open from 7am until 10pm. However you choose to vote, please don’t forget!
Tag Archives: where
I had a great idea for a website a while back. It was going to be called wherethefuckismypollingstation.com. Catchy hey? You’d go to the website, enter your postcode, and the site would show you a map to the appropriate polling station. (The link on the URL above takes you to Greenwich council’s site. Good luck finding your polling station…)
I’ve managed to dig my polling card out from a pile of junk mail, and it seems to be in the same place as usual (St Michael’s Church Hall), but I can never find the details on Greenwich or Lewisham’s websites. Without the card, I’d have no idea what time it opened for business.
If you’re a Lewisham voter, you’re more likely to be voting at Blackheath village library. If it’s still there.
Anyway, whether you vote “yes”, “no”, or “will it make any difference” tomorrow, make sure you vote.
The PDF can be found here.
I’ll definitely stop the terrible headline puns soon, I promise. It seems that Greenwich council will pick up your old tree with their usual green bin collections. Lewisham council on the other hand want you to go to one of these locations to drop off your tree. I’ve no idea where you put the tree when you get there:
* Hilly Fields – Hilly Fields Crescent entrance, SE4
* Deptford Park – Scawen Road entrance, SE8
* Telegraph Hill – Pepys Road/Kitto Road entrance, SE14
* Talbot Place – Blackheath, SE3
* Mountsfield Park – entrance top of George Lane, SE13
* Sydenham Wells Park – Wells Park Road entrance, SE26
* Forster Memorial Park – entrance top of Whitefoot Lane, SE6
* Northbrook Park – Baring Road entrance, SE12
* Mayow Park – Mayow Road entrance, SE23
* Chinbrook Meadows – Amblecote Road, SE12
* Manor House Gardens – Old Road entrance, SE13
* Beckenham Place Park – Old Bromley Road entrance, BR3
Again, two wildly different approaches from the two adjacent councils. Lucky Greenwich people…